|[July 27] Storytime Update: Due to today’s forecasted weather, our outdoor storytime is cancelled. Please do not go to [Oak Ridges] for storytimes outside. Watch our on-demand storytimes here.|
The sun is shining and our staff are ready to welcome you back for safe, socially distanced activities! Join in on family fun through StoryWalks or Storytimes Outside.
What should you bring? Dress for the weather when attending outdoor programs. Bring your RHPL card to check out items during branch hours.
Prefer to stay home? Check out our program guide to see a variety of affordable virtual programs.
Join us for an outdoor, physically-distanced family storytime! We’ll share our favourite read-aloud books, rhymes and music. This is a drop-in program; free tickets will be given outside of each library on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Outdoor storytimes are happening at each of our branches. Click on the branch name below to learn more:
|Central||Oak Ridges||Richmond Green||Richvale|
Help us keep our community safe. Please keep the following in mind when attending our outdoor storytimes:
- Storytimes are weather-dependent. Please visit this webpage at 9:30 a.m. on the morning of the storytime for cancellation updates.
- Masks must be worn at all times by those who are 2 and older. Keep your distance from others.
- You must remain in your designated spot and stay 6 ft. apart from community members and staff who are not members of your family.
- Props and toys will not be provided. Please bring your own blanket or towel, shaker, scarf or sock (socks are perfect interactive puppets for little ones!)
- Registration is limited to 24 persons due to provincial gathering restrictions. Arrive early to secure your free ticket(s).
Walk your way through a story. Read The Thing Lou Couldn't Do by Ashley Spires outside each of our branches by taking a socially-distanced family StoryWalk!
StoryWalks are presented as part of our TD Summer Reading Club program and are available any time of day within the following schedule:
- Jul. 5 - 10: Central Library
- Jul. 19 - 24: Oak Ridges
- Aug. 3 - 7: Richvale
- Aug. 16 - 21: Richmond Green