Community Outreach with Richmond Hill Cares
Richmond Hill Cares is a special community outreach initiative to support community services in our city. Each month, the Library chooses a charitable or social service and works with them to prepare care packages and other items.
Between March 1 and April 23, we'll be supporting Yellow Brick House. Drop by your local branch during opening hours to donate new, unopened self-care products including:
- Something to drink: tea, coffee, hot cocoa
- Clothing: pajama, sweatshirt, sweatpants, leggings, house slippers, etc.
- Everyday essentials: shower products, shampoo/conditioner, hair ties.
- Skincare sets: face wash, lotion, cream, etc.
- Makeup sets: concealer, lipstick, blush, etc.
- Self care items: face mask, bath bomb, nail polish, journals etc.
Donations will be used to create Mommy Care Kits for the women of Yellow Brick House. Kits will be distributed ahead of Mother’s Day.
Volunteer to pack kits during our Teens Give Back Program.