September 26; October 3, 17
Get inspired by Richmond Hill writers, artists, artisans, and theatre. Join us for Culture Days 2020. Whether in person or online, join us for a variety of programs in celebration of local art and culture.
- Poetry in the Time of COVID-19: Lilita Tannis, Poet & Artistic Director of Art in Migration, reads her poems inspired by the pandemic along with other works. Find out more.
- After the Girl was Gone: Join author Ken Sparling as he shares his handmade books that tell stories through text and images. Find out more.
- Music Trivia! Are you a music buff? Test your musical knowledge with some music trivia and learn some new facts along the way. Presented by Jessica Tse, 2020 Richmond Hill Emerging Arts Award Winner, and York Region Chamber Music. Find out more.
- Harp Harmony: Award winning Canadian Harpist Emily Belvedere will introduce kids to the harp, one of the oldest musical instruments in the world. Find out more.
- Origami Fun: Join Jackie Han, founder of Origami Canada, and learn about his creations. Then learn how to make some yourself! Find out more.
- Taiwanese Shadow Puppets: Meet Three’s Company for Culture and learn about traditional and modern Taiwanese shadow puppets. Three's Company for Culture is a group of Chinese language, culture, and folk art teachers. Find out more.
- Raise the Curtain: Tour the Curtain Club Theatre with Lynda Muir, President, and learn how the Theatre is dealing with the pandemic. The Curtain Club has provided quality theatre to the citizens of Richmond Hill for 65 years. New this fall: Online Theatre Series! Join Lynda and learn more. Find out more