Visiting Library Service
RHPL offers a Visiting Library Service for individuals who are homebound. For more information on this service, please contact the Library by phone at 905-884-9288 ext. 5036 or by email at email@example.com.
Persons requesting the Visiting Library Service must be:
- Residents of Richmond Hill
- Affected by a physical or mental condition which would make visiting the Library and selecting one's own material impossible
The Library staff reserve the right to request verification of the condition by a healthcare practitioner such as:
- Doctors of medicine
- Registered nurses
- Professional staff of hospitals, institutions, and public or welfare agencies (e.g. social workers, case workers, counsellors, home teachers and superintendents)
Service Delivery Standards
Library staff reserve the right to set delivery schedules and amount of materials borrowed based on demand for the service, to ensure equitability of access for all requiring it.
Grandfathering of the Service
The existing services will be grandfathered as follows:
- Non-Richmond Hill residents currently receiving the service continue to receive the service
- Richmond Hill residents currently receiving the service who move to an institution within 3 kilometres of the municipal boundary of Richmond Hill continue to receive the service